Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Thoughts on the 3 hour Raw format

After attending this weeks episode of Monday Night Raw, here in Cincinnati, I wanted to give my thoughts about the move to the 3 hour Raw format.

First of all, 3 hours is a long time. That makes things difficult because even though the WWE has a deep roster, there are only a handful of people who should be given a solid amount of time on the show.

This week had some fantastic wrestling matches so I would not be too upset if every Raw show had those type of matches on them. However, there are a handful of wrestlers who can put matches like that on consistently and you can burn through the roster very fast if they keep it up. I did like the length of some of the matches because there was actually more time for some of the good matches.

The downfall of the show is that I fear we will be getting tons of "filler" crap like we did this week. During the show, there were way too many segments with psychiatric evaluations and numerous promos for the same Summerslam match. I agree they need to promote some of the matches, but not that much. Instead of the filler crap segments, they could have used a match with Ryback or Divas.

I know we are only on week 1 (not counting Raw 1000) of the 3 hour format, so I hope the WWE doesn't destroy their roster or audience with the crap segments they can throw together. We shall see how next weeks episode fares.

The WWE has released the ratings for this weeks Raw so stay tuned as we will discuss those.

No comments:

Post a Comment