Saturday, August 4, 2012

Changing the WWE

After watching Raw and Smackdown this week, I was contemplating how to make the WWE a better product. So here are a couple of things that I, Chris Asbrock, would do.

First, I would definitely split the brands. I don't like the fact there is a lot of overlap on each show. Raw talent on Smackdown and Smackdown on Raw. This needs to stop. When it did happen years ago, it was a big deal. This needs to be the norm. Make Smackdown special again with the brand split.

Second, I would put more emphasis on the tag team division. There just aren't enough tag teams out there. Build up the tag team division and make the titles mean more.

Third, have the titles defended more. For example, Santino Marella never defends his US Championship. What the hell is the point of having the title, if it is never defended.

Fourth, I would cut the number of PPV events. I would drop the number of PPV events from 95 to 8. There is just not enough time between events to build up any storylines. It seems like after each event is like 3 weeks after the prior one. That is not nearly enough time. So I would cut the number to 8 PPV events a year.

Fifth, I would build up more stars. There is a lot of talent in the WWE but not enough stars. The WWE has not done a good job in building more stars or pushing the current ones. There are numerous guys on the roster who could use a push.

Those are just a couple of things that I would do to help build the WWE product.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment