Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Arda Ocal Interview

Image taken from The Score
Arda Ocal is a TV and Radio personality on the Score network in Canada. Arda is currently the face of Maximum Pro Wrestling in Canada, as he has numerous roles with the organization.

You can follow Arda on Twitter @Arda_Ocal and on his Aftermath blog. He also co-hosts a radio show, Aftermath Radio with former WWE referee, Jimmy Korderas on Monday nights at 11:20 pm.

I was lucky enough to ask a couple of questions to Arda so please enjoy as we hopefully will have some more interviews coming up!

Thank you.

FTI: How did you get started in the business?

AO: I always knew I wanted to get in broadcasting so while I was completing a Mathematics degree at the University of Waterloo in Canada, I volunteered at the local radio station and newspaper, then local cable TV station. Aside from that, I'm a lifelong wrestling fan so I would volunteer and pay dues with independent wrestling outfits in the Toronto area. Somehow, those two lives kind of merged and here I am today.

FTI: What is the most rewarding thing about covering/promoting wrestling?

AO: It's subject matter that I care about and love to analyze and uncover the interesting stories - I'm a pro wrestling optimist and always will be.

FTI: What is your most memorable moment in wrestling?

AO: Presenting shows in the Canadian Arctic of Iqaluit, Nunavut was a thrill, we've done three weekends there. But my most memorable moment was the second week of (then) Right After Wrestling (now Aftermath), when I was on set about to go live across Canada on a show that I pitched and was my baby. I was so proud and still am - Aftermath has been on the air since December 2009 and I couldn't be more thrilled.

FTI: What's it like working with Jimmy?

AO: He's bald!  All kidding aside, he's invaluable and I love working with him. I'm lucky to not only be working with him on air, but also great friends with him - it's just as fun for me to listen to his stories on the air as off the air.


We here at FTI Wrestling are very thankful for Arda to take time out and answer some questions for us. Please give Arda and Jimmy a listen on Monday nights as they do their review of Monday Night Raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment